Moon Dog Brewing Pty Ltd
ACN 145 716 945
Your rights in relation to privacy
Moon Dog Brewing Pty Ltd ACN 145 716 945 (Moon Dog) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. This statement sets out how Moon Dog aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Moon Dog and the way Moon Dog collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, Moon Dog will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. This policy statement may be updated from time to time.
What kinds of personal information does Moon Dog collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services, Moon Dog may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Moon Dog collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth;
- financial information about your assets, occupation and income, account balances, account activities, payment history and transactions with us or third parties;
- credit information such as payment default histories;
- other information such as details of your gender and interests.
In some circumstances Moon Dog may also hold other personal information provided by you.
How does Moon Dog collect personal information?
Generally, Moon Dog collects your personal information directly from you, through completion of manual or online forms, interactions or exchanges in person or by way of telephone, email or post or through the use of the Moon Dog website or social media. There may be occasions when Moon Dog collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- your employer, where necessary for Moon Dog to provide its products and/or services to your employer through you;
- an information services provider;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites and platforms;
- if for recruitment purposes, an external recruitment or background screening services provider.
Generally, Moon Dog will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
Why does Moon Dog need your personal information?
Moon Dog collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- supplying beer and other beverages and products to customers and potential customers of Moon Dog, including for marketing purposes relating to those supplies;
- aggregating information to improve Moon Dog’s products and services;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- identifying and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you from Moon Dog or selected third parties;
- assessing your application for employment with Moon Dog or otherwise for the purpose of engaging you as a contractor or consultant; and
- any other legal requirements.
Moon Dog may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Moon Dog to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Moon Dog takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Moon Dog. However, without certain information from you, Moon Dog may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
To whom does Moon Dog disclose your personal information?
Moon Dog discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Moon Dog collects it. That is, generally, Moon Dog will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in Moon Dog’s enterprise or assets;
- Moon Dog’s professional advisors, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate;
- insurance providers; and
- regulatory bodies.
Moon Dog’s disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. Moon Dog may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Moon Dog may disclose personal information to overseas recipients in order to provide its services and/or products and for administrative or other business management purposes. It is impracticable to list all countries in which recipients may be located.
Overseas recipients may have different privacy and data protection standards. However, before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, Moon Dog takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme unless you consent to the overseas disclosure or it is otherwise required or permitted by law. If you have any queries or objections to such disclosures, please contact Moon Dog’s Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 10.
Moon Dog may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Moon Dog via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
Security of your personal information
Moon Dog takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Moon Dog holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
Moon Dog will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Moon Dog is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Can you access and correct the personal information that Moon Dog holds about you?
Moon Dog takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Moon Dog. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Moon Dog holds about you, or you would like more information on Moon Dog’s approach to privacy, please contact Moon Dog’s Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 10 below. Moon Dog will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Moon Dog requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Moon Dog may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Moon Dog, for providing access in accordance with your request.
If Moon Dog refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Moon Dog will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Moon Dog will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Moon Dog.
Moon Dog will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, please contact Moon Dog’s Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all privacy complaints to Moon Dog’s Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Moon Dog.
Moon Dog’s Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.