Old Mate – Terms and Conditions
|Promoter||Moon Dog Brewing Pty Ltd, ABN 36 145 716 945, 32 Chifley Drive, Preston, VIC, 3072 (Moon Dog).|
|Competition Period||12.01am (AEST) on 20/10/2021 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 31/12/2021.|
|Who can enter?||Only Australian residents who are aged 18 or over. Excluding Northern Territory, Australian Captial Territory & South Australian residents.|
|Who can’t enter?||
Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
Northern Territory, Australian Capital Territory, South Australian residents are ineligible for this competition (sorry!)
|Where will the competition run?||The competition will run in participating third party bottle shops which are displaying promotional material for this promotion, as well as in Moon Dog World, Moon Dog OG and the Moon Dog online store (collectively, Stores) within Australia.|
|Qualifying Purchase||To qualify for a prize, you must purchase a promotional Old Mate Pale Ale slab (24 cans) from a Store during the Competition Period:
|Entry instructions||To enter, you must, during the Competition Period:
Moon Dog is not responsible if your mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry, including having the requisite photograph capability (if required).
Make sure you claim your prize ASAP and before the end of the year as Moon Dog reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion not to accept entries which are submitted outside the Competition Period.
|How are instant win prize/s awarded?||There are 6,000 instant win prizes available to be claimed during the Competition Period. Prize allocation will be randomised.|
|What can I win?||There are up to 6,000 prizes available, as follows:
|Total prize pool||The total prize pool is valued at approximately $56,296|
|How many times can I enter?||There is a limit of one entry per Qualifying Purchase. Each entry must be submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, each unique code is equal to one entry.
|How and when will the winner/s be informed?||All winners will be notified immediately via email. All winners will receive a code to redeem their prize. All prizes (excluding the major prize and Moon Doggies Beer Club subscription) will be redeemable via the Moon Dog online store.
The major prize and Moon Doggies Beer Club subscription winners will be required to forward the email with their unique winning code to email@example.com and once verified will receive information on redeeming their prize.
For prizes over the value of $250, winners will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 10/1/2022 for a period of 28 days.
|Proof of purchase||You must keep the following as proof of a Qualifying Purchase:
If you don’t produce the above proof of purchase for all entries when asked, Moon Dog may disqualify your entry and you will lose any right to a prize. Proof of Qualifying Purchase must be retained and made available upon request by Moon Dog for all major prizes and in the event of a dispute (eg where the same unique code is submitted more than once).
|Timeframe for redeeming prize/s||Prize claim date: Prizes for entries submitted within the Competition Period must be redeemed by 11.5ppm (AEDT) on 31/12/2021, subject to Moon Dog in its sole and absolute discretion agreeing to accept a later entry or redemption claim.|
|Collection and use of your personal information||If you are a winner, you must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter reasonably requests, without any compensation. You consent to the Promoter using your name and image in any promotional or advertising activity.
|Responsible drinking||Consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol – see: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/file/1641/download?token=1O3AafPu. If this competition is conducted in NSW, see also the NSW Liquor Competition Guidelines and Intoxication Guidelines at https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/documents/gl/gl4001-liquor-promotion-guidelines.pdf. Where relevant, your participation in this competition may be subject to the liquor serving policy of businesses conducting the competition and/or providing the prize.
All advertising material for this competition will include a message regarding responsible consumption of alcohol.
|Permit numbers||Authorised under:
NSW Authority No. TP/01296
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. In the event of inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the details in the table above, the details in the table above prevail. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Prizes and all elements of prizes must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant supplier or the Promoter.
- Without limiting these Terms and Conditions, the following conditions apply to the major prize (Brew day at Moon Dog World valued at $15,000) as set out below:
- If a Victorian winner is awarded the major prize, the brew day date will be determined by Moon Dog in its absolute discretion in consultation with the winner. The brew day will include two nights accommodation for two, brewing a keg of beer with a head brewer, the finished keg of beer, Kegs on Legs dispensing system hire, shipping costs, and Moon Dog beer to a total value of approximately $15,000. Due to uncertainties around possible COVID-19 or other restrictions that may be applicable at or around the decided date, Moon Dog reserves the right to move this prize to another location or date in its absolute discretion, in consultation with the winner.
- If a non-Victorian winner is awarded the major prize, the brew day date will be determined by Moon Dog in its absolute discretion in consultation with the winner. The brew day will include return flights and two nights accommodation for two, brewing a keg of beer with a head brewer, the finished keg of beer, Kegs on Legs dispensing system hire and shipping costs to a total value of $15,000. Due to the uncertainties around possible COVID-19 or other restrictions that may be applicable at or around the decided date, Moon Dog reserves the right to move this prize to another location or date in its absolute discretion, in consultation with the winner.
Due to differing COVID-19 restrictions in each state, the brew day will be hosted in a COVID-safe manner and hence the prize, including the location and date, may be varied by Moon Dog in its absolute discretion.
Moon Dog will use its reasonable endeavours to give the winner the best possible experience in line with government restrictions.
The winner agrees to Moon Dog using any photos and/or video taken at the brew day (either by the winner or their guests or by Moon Dog itself), which may be used in relation to Moon Dog’s publicity material, including on its website and social media pages.
Subject to any legal requirements (including restrictions on the number of people permitted in the relevant venue and/or space).
The prize must be claimed in its entirety (as determined by Moon Dog) and not varied except as required by Moon Dog in accordance with these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, if the prize is not redeemed in its entirety, the remaining amount cannot be redeemed at another time. The prize is also not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share the prize.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. In all other respects, the Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged (except at Moon Dog’s sole and absolute discretion) nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- Printing and other quality control errors outside the Promoter’s control will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Every instant win prize claim in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured, unless the claim is rejected due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to direction by the relevant trade promotion authorities.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Subject to clause 9b) and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Moon Dog, its agencies and employees, will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses (including any claim for legal expenses) or loss whatsoever (whether indirect or consequential) to persons or property in connection with this Competition, including as a result of participation in this Competition, variation to these terms and conditions, accepting or using any prize, alteration to any prize, and non-receipt of any prize.
- The winner of this Competition has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted, or modified by Moon Dog. These terms and conditions do not exclude, restrict, or limit those statutory rights in any way.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. You completely release any relevant social media platforms from any and all liability.